Skip to content
If you develop a friendship with someone online, be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Has this person asked me to keep any information secret?
- Has this person flirted with me, or asked me about anything sexual?
- Has this person asked me about anything private?
- Have I felt pressured by this person to do anything?
- Do I feel true to myself — sticking to my values — when I talk to this person?
- If the answer is “Yes,” then this friendship is risky and it’s time to stop talking to this person. You
- If someone starts chatting with you about inappropriate topics or asks you to send a picture of yourself, end the conversation immediately. And never plan a face-to-face meeting with someone you met onlinewithout taking a parent or guardian along.