Students will be able to …
- describe positive aspects of online talking and messaging.
- identify situations in which flirting and chatting become inappropriate and risky.
- understand rules for safe online messaging, and feel empowered to deal with uncomfortable situations when communicating online.
- Take three handout
- Perspectives on Chatting Safely Online
- Internet traffic light game
- Internet Safety tips
- Safe Online Assessment
- Create a Safe Surfing Onlline Poster for students: www.Canva.com
- Opportunity – chances to connect with new friends online
- Pitfall – disadvantages
- Harass – someone saying mean things online
- Risky – talking to someone online you don’t know
- Inappropriate – not cool